Connecticut Apprentice Marine Pilot Training and Certification Program
Solicitation of Applicants
As authorized by the Connecticut General Statute Section 15-13 and detailed in Sections 15-15a-6 and 15-15a-7 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies (adopted as Written Procedures of the Connecticut Port Authority pursuant to Connecticut General Statute Section 15-15a), the Executive Director of the Connecticut Port Authority is soliciting applications from qualified mariners interested in applying for the Connecticut Apprentice Marine Pilot Training and Certification Program.
Please provide the following information in writing to Mr. Joseph Salvatore, Connecticut Port Authority, 455 Boston Post Road, Suite 204, Old Saybrook, CT. 06475 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday June 16, 2021.
- Name and contact information
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Education History (names of school and years graduated)
- Dated copy of most recent physical examination (see Connecticut Regulations Sec. 15-15a-10)
- Copy of Federal License (grade and date)
- Copy of Endorsement to Federal License.
- Copy of Training Certificates held.
- Copy of Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- Documented pilotage experience in the waters of Long Island Sound, the boundary waters of the States of Connecticut and New York, and all ports and terminals thereon including the docking experience (dates and trip routes, names and size of vessels, name and location of port facility).
- Additional documented pilotage experiences (outside of the waters described above).
Failure to submit all documents required may disqualify the applicant from consideration. Applicants will be required to take a written examination on a date, time and place to be determined. Applications will be reviewed, scored and ranked based on criteria established by the Connecticut Pilot Commission, including the written examination. Leading applicants will be interviewed at a date and time to be determined.
John H. Henshaw III
Connecticut Port Authority
Finance Director – 40 Hour Work Week
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
To be considered for this vacancy a resume AND cover letter must be sent via email (to email@example.com) with subject line “Finance Director Application – [YOUR LAST NAME]” OR by mail (Connecticut Port Authority, ATTN: Executive Director, 455 Boston Post Road, Suite 204, Old Saybrook, CT 06475).
The Connecticut Port Authority is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer. Minorities, women & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.